I NEED HELP! My cat keeps pooping on my bed and we have done everything to stop it and nothing is working...my mom says

Asked by Member 854192 on Jul 12th 2009 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

I hope that by "everything", you don't mean yelling or hitting her. Cats are very sensitive creatures and will continue the unwanted behavior if their feelings are hurt! First, if you haven't taken her to the vet, do so now to make sure she has no health issues. Talk to the vet about her behavior. The litter box must be kept VERY clean, like you flush the toilet every time you use it. You may also want to try having more than one box around the house for her. She may not like the box or the litter. Her box may need to be in a more private area if it's in an area where people or other animals always are. Cats, like people, need their privacy when they "go".

Charlie

cats are very sensitive and can sense when something is off at home. If she is pooping on your bed she is trying to tell you that something is wrong. She may be jealous or angry or scared. Has anything changed at home? has anyone been yelling or fighting? has anyone been spending more time away from home? have new people been coming into the house? these types of things may lead a cat to go potty on your bed. If they are just pooping because they don't want to use the litter box, they usually will go in a corner, on a rug, or pile of dirty laundry. Since this is on your bed, I think this problem is more related to an emotional need. Try spending more time with her

Charlie answered on 7/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer