i need help finding a home for my two cats i am allergic to cats please help me i dont want them put down

Asked by Member 973977 on Mar 15th 2010 in Shelters & Rescue

Answers

Kitty (deceased)

why do you have cats in the first place if your allergic?... well anyway... I hear you can put them up for adoption on here.. and the LAST place you go is the shelter.. k?

Kitty (deceased) answered on 3/15/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

You can make your cats webpages here on Catster and indicate them as "adoptable". I would also try petfinder.com and make them pages there. Are there any no-kill shelters or rescues in your area? Sometimes local vets and pet stores have bulletin boards you can post them on too. Be sure to ask for at least a small adoption fee and check references.

Please be sure that it is the cats you are allergic to. Although sometimes people will develop an allergy to something they've never been allergic to before, they often target the cat or the dog as the reason. And, if you do rehome them, make sure you are not "convinced" by some one who seems very nice that they will give the cats a good home. Ask a local rescue or shelter to help you with picking out a good home. They have adoption applications that they can make you a copy of to use when you adopt out your cats.

I have no sympathy for people who think they are all of a sudden allergic to their cats. Why not get treated for the allergies? My husband called me from thedoctor's office recently and told me that they said he was allergic to everything. They asked if he had a cat and he said yes. Their response was "oh, you must be allergic to your cat"! Well, needless to say, my cat isn't going anywhere and my husband agrees on this one. The bottom line on this case was the doctor's office goofed on their testing procedures. We found another doctor! Suck up and deal with your "allergy"?