I leave my cat in a spare bedroom while I'm at work and asleep she has space, water, food, and litter is that mean

Asked by Member 1102065 on Mar 25th 2012 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Sophie

I don't think it's necessarily mean. Depends on the reason for confinement, as sometimes it is the only option. For example, my humans had to isolate the annoying little kitten they brought home in the spare room for the first couple of months because he was too small to be left alone with me while they were at work and sleeping. I hope you don't mind me asking this, but what is the reason for keeping the cat in the spare room? You say the cat has food, water and litter, which is absolutely the right thing to do, but does he/she have any toys? If not, I'd recommend a few toys to keep her entertained! We kitties hate being bored!

Sophie answered on 3/25/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I agree with Sophie. It's better to leave your cat in a safe environment while you aren't around than to let her have free roam and maybe become injured. My cats sleep away most of the day and if I shut the door and confined them in the room they probably wouldn't even know it. However, when you are awake and home, do you spend time with her? She needs interaction with you, whether it's grooming, cuddling, playing or just discussing the events of your day.

Good vet care. Quality food (not tacos) love pets and a genuine concern. You asking cause you don't think ur doing rite?