i know meds for a kitty traveling by air is not advisable would it be bad for a cat if you gave him a little i mean itsy

traveling with two cats both for my mom who is also traveling. Cats are 17 and 7 years old

Asked by Member 1142450 on Nov 26th 2012 in Travel & Recreation

Answers

I would definitely advise against "self-medicating" your's and your mom's cats, especially the older one. Sedatives work on all systems of the body. If there are any issues with either cat, even an "itsy" amount could have a very bad reaction. Or, on the other hand, the amount could be so small it wouldn't have any effect. We had a dog once who was terrified of thunder. Our vet recommended and prescribed a sedative and it had the OPPOSITE effect on her. She was worse than ever during the next storm. If you have a vet on board, a phone call is free and before I gave my animals any sort of medication, I would check with them first.