I just picked up a dirty, I'm assuming, abandoned kitten. What should I feed and give it? It just sits and does nothing.

It drank some water, ignored milk, and stopped meowing once I got home. It tried to get out of the kennel that I put it in along with the bowl of water, and now seems to be laying down, but awake. Every time it was out, it would walk from my yard or porch onto the curb of the road and just sit there. It just sits there most of the time. Any tips or suggestions?

Asked by Member 1197657 on Nov 4th 2013 in Adoption & Rescue

Answers

It is probably confused and looking for its mother. Approximately how old is it? Did you try wet food yet, like a can of MaxKitten; kittens need baby food. S/he might be sick with worms, fleas or other kitten ailments. Take him or her to the vet for a check-up to ensure its health. Give a gentle tearless shampoo bath and flea comb out any fleas. Your vet will tell you if the kitty is too young to flea-treat. Thanks for being a good samaritan at this time of year! Meow to the world ^_^