I inherited a siamese from my son. He's comfortable with all my animals but plastic bags he loves to chew on. I try to

keep them put away. He did get to my shredder's bag. He's throwing up food but seems to keep water down. His dark-coloured legs have become gold tinged today. I'm worried that he's got a blockage. Would his colour change indicate anything. He's purring but sleeping on the radiators (I have hot water heat and it's very, very cold here today).I can't see a vet - today they are all closed and to drive to the emergency vet is a long ways and the roads are very icy. Would giving him a bit of warm oil help to see if he can pass it?

Asked by Member 1144433 on Dec 9th 2012 Tagged eatingforeignobjects, vomiting, temperature, colourchange in Swallowing Foreign Objects

Answers

While you are waiting for the weather to clear up, I would at least call the vet. If there is hair in what he's throwing up, he may have a hairball impaction. If you have canned pumpkin (NOT pie mix) try giving him a teaspoon of it. If the kitty hasn't been vetted in a while, it would be a good idea to take him in for an exam. If he's eating, that's a good sign. Sick cats stop eating. Ask your son if the cat has always had a finicky stomach and what HE fed him.You need to find out what normal is for this cat from your son. If there was a diet change when you adopted him, it could cause the vomiting. Delilah likes my computer modem and the wifi box--they are both warm, so that's not unusual. I would be extra vigilant in keeping the plastic bags away from him. I read once that they contain animal fats and that's why pets like to chew on them. When my daughter's cat suffered a blockage, she hid, stopped eating and looked bloated. Good luck! Hope he feels better fast!