I have two mainecoons, they are siblings, easy going and friendly. We are going on vacation for four days. We can eithe

Asked by Member 1042555 on Jul 27th 2011 Tagged vacation, stress, newenvironment, socializing in Lodging

Answers

You question was cut off so I do not know what your options are for caring for them but I find that it is much less stressful for my cats and for me to keep them at home and have a pet sitter come in and care for them in their own environment. My sitter is professional and insured. I just got back from a week away and everybody was happy and healthy.

I agree with Allie. We recently went out of town for four days also, and we have a Maine Coon mix (Izzie) and a Persian-mix, (Delilah). Since we had moved recently, I did not want to put them through another trauma of boarding, although they probably would have been fine. I left them with a very large pan of water, a scrupulously clean, scrubbed and fresh-litter filled litter box, a large pan of dry food and kisses all around. My daughter came each day to check on them. When we returned, they both took the time to ask me if I'd brough them souveniers and then went back to their daily routine of eating, sleeping, eating, sleeping...