I have two Burmese cats who are 'indoor cats'. Which, in your opinion, is the best kitty litter to use? They are both n

I would like to find a litter that lasts well (at least one week)and does not smell in the meantime. They hate the crystals so please don't suggest them - they are like glass to their little indoor paws!

Asked by Member 48393 on Mar 24th 2011 in Odor Eliminators

Answers

I think that Cats Pride scoopable works really well for clumping and odor control but it is too perfumey for me and too dusty for my Persians. Same thing with Scoop Away. I could smell it inside my sinuses for 15 minutes after scooping the box so it can't be good for them to be breathing that. I use Arm & Hammer Multi Cat and it works really well for my allergies and for them. Because I have 8 cats, I have multiple litterboxes, so what I usually do is try new litter in just one box at first and see how they respond to it. I have tried things like The World's Best (corn) and they refused to use it. And Feline Pine and I watched Allie try to put a paw on those pellets and she decided NO WAY. Dr. Elseys makes some excellent products but with so many cats, the cost is just too much for me.

I use Dr. Elsey's Prescious Cat Ultra scoopable litter for multiple cats. It's the brand the cats and I are happiest with. It's not too expensive either, about $16 for a big 40 pound bag and is available at PetSmart. It clumps hard, controls odors well, and is low dust.

I can't use the crystals either. They do remind me of rock salt. Litter is a hot topic here. Not as much as food, but hot enough. Personally, I use Sccop Away clumping litter. It works for me. With daily scooping, it does last a week or even longer if necessary. Some cats are very sensitive to the scent of the litter. But some, like mine, could care less. The most important thing you can do is scoop regularly and change the litter once a week no matter what kind you use.

we use dr. elseys precious cat ultra. mom likes fine enough and me and alexis like it. mom likes the fact its low dust and she also likes the fact that its cheap.