Pepper

I have two 11 months, and want to adopt a 8 weeker, will this work?

My hubby adopted my two little ones for me for my birthday this year, they are my everything, we love them to death. Recently the receptionist at my vet rescued 3 one day old kittens from a mom unable to look after them, they are now 6 weeks old and she cannot afford to keep them, however wants good homes for them and has offered me one, this little one in particular is soooo beautiful, he climbed all the way up my top when i went to meet him and sat in my neck purring, it was naturally love at first purr... What i want to know is, is this ok, both my cats are indoor cats and i prefer it that way for them, so he will come to a great home. I have a male and female sibling pair who love each other and play with eachother all the time. We have trained them well so they know about room time if they try anything funny with the new one. My girl I am not worried about, i think she would love a kid, but should the boy be a concern? Any tips?

Asked by Pepper on Nov 29th 2012 Tagged kittens, new, behaviour in Other Kittens

Answers

It sounds like you'd give this baby a wonderful home, but the decision is really up to you and your hubby based on your finances, lifestyle, the time you have to spend with them, etc. This is a tiny baby and you will need to train the older ones that he's not their own personal "toy". If the receptionist can keep the baby for a few more weeks, that might not be a bad idea. Offer to help her with the food and litter costs for those extra weeks. Make sure all 3 are altered when it's time. Ask the vet for advice on how to introduce the little one to your older babies. And please post photos! We LOVE LOVE LOVE baby pics!!!