I have three indoor cats who got along fairly well. Then one of them got out of the house and didn't return until 20 ho

Asked by Member 1140768 on Nov 15th 2012 in Aggression

Answers

About a month ago, Izzie got out, too. He was only out for about an hour. When he returned, his sister, Lizzie, spent ten minutes sniffing him from stem to stern. He put his ears down, she put her's down and then bopped him on the head. End of story. But, if your cat was gone for that long, she came back smelling like all sorts of foreign stuff. She may even have had to scrap with other cats and now she's full of attitude. I may be tempted to at least call your vet and ask if they want to see her, even if she's not acting "sick". Feline Leukemia can be passed through saliva (like bites) from cat to cat and you want to make sure she's OK. I've heard that if you wipe down the cats all with the same softener sheet, they'll all smell the same and accept her once again. If it's a true war zone, you may want to put her in her own room with food, litter and water for a few days until things calm down. I'm glad, at least, that she came back. I had two who didn't.