I have had my two cats for 5 years now and they love each other. Monday they both got lion cuts for the first time and

Asked by Member 1149262 on Jan 10th 2013 Tagged behavior in Behavior & Training

Answers

Even though your question got cut off, I have the funny feeling you're asking why your cats suddenly are hissing and fighting with each other after the grooming. I can tell you that it's not intentional, but groomers use shampoos and conditioners and other things that destroy the cats' "natural odor". They also can be weirded out by being not only in a strange place, but also in a carrier or a cage for the day. And, when Delilah got a "lion cut", she was NOT happy. It's almost like she KNEW she looked weird. You can try wiping them down with dryer sheets to make them smell the same. Keep their routine absolutely normal. Try a little extra playtime for both of them together if you can. Supervise them and if they are outright attacking each other, you may want to keep them separated for a while. Next time, ask your groomer to use unscented shampoos and conditioners on them as that may help. Just give it time.