I have an 8 year old cat and the past year he has been making it very difficult for me to sleep. He is like clock work..

Asked by Member 1144783 on Dec 11th 2012 Tagged sleep, meow in Behavior & Training

Answers

Kimi (君)

It would be wonderful if you could add some additional information, though I will try and address this as best as I can. If you could add what he is doing exactly to keep you up (meowing, jumping up at you, running around, etc.) it would help a lot.

It's unclear exactly what has changed in this past year. It might be worthwhile to consider any changes that might have influenced his behavior. A change in environment or living circumstances could be causing him to be stressed, and thus he has changed his own routine accordingly.

At the moment, from you question I assume your cat is awake and doing something to keep you awake also. In this case, it might be worthwhile to make sure he is played with and uses up his energy during the day, so that he is more likely to rest at night. The best time for this would be just before bed, making sure he gets worn out and sleepy through some play - it'll help you bond too!

Kimi (君) answered on 12/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer