I have a stray kitten which I found. What I'm worried about is he is always sneezing.

He is very warm to the touch, but doesn't have a fever. He eats with no problem drinks, and always running around playing etc. So he is perfect other than the sneezes. I do alot of work with stray and feed colonys. And my money is very limited that is why I was scared to take this one on. But haven't ran up against this. Pls help me.

Asked by Member 885885 on Jul 27th 2010 Tagged icantstopsneezing in Health & Safety

Answers

First, how do you know this kitten doesn't have a fever? It is possible that he (or she) has some type of upper respiratory infection. This kitten needs to be seen by a veterinarian for proper diagnosis and treatment. Otherwise, you really can't say for sure what is wrong with this kitty. Best of luck.

Kittens with upper respiratory infections can crash very quickly. URI's are in the top 2 reasons why kittens die. The baby will seem fine and then all of the sudden can't breathe, won't eat, etc. If you do a lot of work with colonies and strays, you must know of a vet who will treat at a reduced cost or work out a payment plan for you. If you don't, contact your local shelter or rescue and ask them. I don't know of any vet who will refuse to see a sick animal and/or worry about payment first--especially when someone (like you) is trying to do good and help these poor innocent creatures. Good luck!

Hunter *Dreamboat #82*

When I first got Hunter, he sneezed too. He was being fed Science Diet at the shelter. I immediately switched him to canned Wellness, Plus I brought him to the vets. The vet told me to watch him over the next week. I found out it was the Science Diet food that made him sneeze! He never needed any medicine, and is absolutely fine today!

Hunter *Dreamboat #82* answered on 7/29/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer