I have a one yr old Female Norwegian who's been in heat about a dozen times already, so my wife and I decided to adopt a

Asked by Member 1068689 on Nov 5th 2011 Tagged yroldfemalecatnotgettingalongwithnewmalekitten in Other Kittens

Answers

Mittens

please get your cat fixed. there are already way to many animals in the world and shelters are way overcrowded.

Mittens answered on 11/6/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sorry, I agree with Mittens. Unless you are a certified professional breeder, it's very irresponsible to intentionally bring more kittens into this already overcrowded animal world. People who adopt from you may have gone to a shelter and helped to relieve their overcrowded conditions. Millions of unwanted kittens are destroyed every year because there simply is no home for them. Breeding for profit is not what it seems. You will becoome what's known as a "backyard breeder". You must have purebred papers for your female and she must be of excellent quality and health. If she refuses to mother the kittens, you'll be up every 2 hours for 5 weeks bottle-feeding the kittens. She may have a difficult pregnancy or birth and you could lose her. In addition, unaltered animals are more susceptible to cancers and health problems. Please, get a kitten if you must, but have them both altered and give a homeless shelter kitten a chance at a good life.