I have a maine coon mix who loves and lives to be up high, but can't find any meant for large cats like him.

They are to wobble and the platforms are too small.

Asked by Member 1089691 on Feb 4th 2012 Tagged cattrees, catfurniture, catcondos in Toys

Answers

Maggie

I love products made by www.armarkat.com They are very well constructed and sturdy. My 15 pound Ragdoll climbs to the top of my 6 foot cat tree and stays up there all day long on the top perch. They have all different shapes and sizes and they give you all the dimensions so you can decide if it would be big enough for your cat.

Maggie answered on 2/4/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

There are various sturdy cat shelves you could check out such as these ones that are tested up to 50lb (in case small kids climb them) www.katwallks.com

You could also look on Craig's List to find people making cat trees and ask them about making you a sturdy/custom tree. Some commercial trees have a really large heavyweight base, sturdy build or attach to the wall etc for extra stability and they should be able to show you photos of previous trees they've made or rough plans. You should be able to tell if they know what they are doing and if it'll hold up.

Loki

Hi - My mommy makes a cat perch that holds 30 lbs, using suction cups to a window, the only issue is getting up and down safely if it is too high. It's worth a look... www.etsy.com/shop/jenngv. Sammy and I love ours! We can snooze together in one perch although we each have one.

Loki answered on 6/5/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer