i have a maine coon but it says they are really friendly... but mine is not she wont go near anyone but me...why?

Asked by Member 1158700 on Mar 9th 2013 in Breeds

Answers

Izzie is a Maine Coon mix, and I've heard that they are "the dog of the cat world", but he's not friendly either. If anyone other than my grandsons come to our home, he (and the other cats) hide until well after they're gone. And the only reason he comes out then is because my grands are a bit messy with food. I am the only one who can pick him up. My sis-in-law found that out the hard way. Izzie absolutely adores my Springer Spaniel and he and my Husky/Shepherd tolerate each other, but as far as being a "people cat"? Not really. I've known more cats like this, actually, than friendly cats who make pests out of themselves when people other than their own are around.