Varoom

I have a kitten who I think is either a bengal or at least half. How can I tell if he is or not?

He is silver, but has golden eyes.

Asked by Varoom on Aug 23rd 2011 Tagged breeds, silver, coats in Bengal

Answers

Rainey

The only way to determine if your kitten has some Bengal in it is to know the lineage. Without the lineage, then it's all a guessing game. However, the Bengal does have some specific traits. The below is from Wikipedia:

Bengal cats have "wild-looking" markings, such as large spots, rosettes, and a light/white belly, and a body structure reminiscent of the Leopard Cat.[1] The Bengal's rosetted spots occur only on the back and sides, with stripes elsewhere. The breed typically also features "mascara" (horizontal striping alongside the eyes), and foreleg striping.

Rainey answered on 8/23/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

The former poster is correct, but the only thing I can add is that Bengal cats always have large green eyes.

~Caspurr SnowBerry~ missing an

Sorry but I have a Bengal with blue eyes - his coloration is called snow leopard. His dad had sea green eyes - very pretty!

~Caspurr SnowBerry~ missing an answered on 8/27/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer