I have a fourteen year old female dog called Ally. But I really want a kitten!

Ally has arthritis as she got ran over when she was a pup. She is also deaf. She has a problem. I'm not sure what it's called and don't really understand it. She cannot remember how to do things e.g. if she's infront of the fire and gets too warm she wont just move away she will start barking/yelping because she doesn't know what to do.

Asked by Member 1200271 on Nov 19th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Your dog is at the end of her life and might have had a stroke. It would be CRUEL to introduce a new animal to her while she is in this state. Wait until she passes, and then you can adopt a zoo. Meanwhile, take her to the vet for her senior exam, because she might have suffered some brain damage with age, and you want her end of life to be as comfortable as possible... which does NOT include the introduction of other species into her territory (in her elderly and feeble state). ^_^