I have a female cat and I want to get her a friend so she won't be so lonely would it be better to get a male or female?

She is very sweet she is 1 year and 3 mos old

Asked by Member 1150827 on Jan 19th 2013 in Choosing the Right Pet

Answers

It's not so much the sex of the cat but its personality. Some Catsters will say it's better to get a male if you already have a female. I feel it's depends more on what kind of kitty your already have. Is she dominant and aggressive or cautious and submissive? The best thing for you to do is find a reputable shelter or rescue in your area. A good place to look is at www.petfinder.com. Go visit the shelter and speak with the staff about the kitty you already have. They will ask you questions about your lifestyle and what you are looking for in another cat. They know their cats and can recommend the best fit for you and your resident cat. Good luck!