I have a cat that won't use the litter box anymore. She won't even go in the laundry room where the litter boxes is. I a

Asked by Member 1121863 on Jul 21st 2012 in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

It sounds as though your cat is afraid of something in the laundry room. Did you recently moved the box there? Cats like quiet areas to do their business. If there hasn't been a change in location of the box, and you are keeping the box super clean, a trip to the vet is necessary. Your cat may have a urinary tract infection or something else medically is going on. Please get her to the vet. Best of luck.

My roommate had the same problem with her female, while UTI's are more commonly found in males, they can happen with the ladies as well. Any time a cat won't use the litter box, there's something medically wrong. If it is a UTI, they assimilate the litter box with the pain of trying to urinate. I would suggest getting her into the vet immediately because if you allow for it to progress (as my roommate did) your cat will get worse. UTI's don't cure themselves and it can cause crystallizing within the bladder which then can lead to kidney failure.