I have a cat that wil be 20 yrs old and he is vomiting lately clear and foamy. also drinks a lot of water and crys more

no, what he vomits from time to time is just clear, no color. also he has such a foul smell when he opens to meow, really really bad smell wordst then poop..someone told me it may be his kidneys are failing,, after all he will be 20 yrs people age this yr.. and what a good cat he is.. i won't let them put him down without trying to help him unless he is suffering. if anyone thinks its something else please help me.

Asked by Member 982517 on Apr 20th 2010 in CatsterPlus

Answers

The only one who can really help you is your vet. The foul smell on his breath could also be a bad tooth which, when draining into his stomach, can cause him to vomit. We realy can't guess what could be wrong with your kitty. We aren't vets here, and even if we were, we don't know your kitty and his history. He's given you 20 good years. He needs you to say "thanks" by taking care of him in his old age, however that may be.

Gumpy Sweet Boy

I agree with Izzie's good advice - your cat needs to see a vet. The excess water drinking and foul smelling breath can be signs of diabetes (treatable - even for older cats), but it could be other many other things - kidney disease is one other possibility. Take him to the vet for a thorough exam. Best wishes.

Gumpy Sweet Boy answered on 4/20/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I agree with the other posters - your cat needs to see a vet ASAP. Please remember that we are not vets here - only people who love cats. Your vet will need to do a complete exam and probably some blood work to determine what is wrong with your kitty. Difficult for us to guess what is wrong with your cat, but I agree kidney failure, diabetes, and dental disease are high on the list of suspects. Take your kitty to the vet and go from there. Your vet should explain everything to you, listen to your concerns, and answer any questions you have.

I can tell you from experience that it isn't from his kidneys failing. My cat died from chronic renal failure and she never had smelly breath like you described. It sounds more like your cat may have something more serious going on - cancer? I hate to say it, but your cat is 20 years old, has lived a long life - longer than most cats will ever live. Please take him to the vet ASAP and have him checked out. Best of luck to you and your kitty. I hope he is okay.

Luke

the drinking alot could mean diabetes. i would take him to the vet !

Luke answered on 4/22/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer