I have a cat that is about 10 years old. I have never had this problem out of her but here recently from time to time sh

This cat also likes to scratch on the wood on the side of the windows. I have bougt 2 scratching things. she will use it a little and back to scratching the side of the wooden windows in the living room.

Asked by Member 1134330 on Oct 5th 2012 Tagged pooping, scratching in Behavior & Training

Answers

Batfink

Sometimes its trial and error with cats to try and find something that they enjoy to scratch....and usually its exactly where we dont want them to, i would suggest covering the area in something she will avoid such as something rubbery or tin foil...(the noise makes most cats avoid it)
And then offer her different types of scratcher...its all about patience really, i ended up saving bits of old carpet and putting them up on the wall in the cat ''room'' for our cats...they love it.
Hope you are well , all the best!

Batfink answered on 10/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Bat's right. When I did adoptions for my rescue at PetsMart, a few cats would madly 'scratch' on the side of the metal cages and we never could figure why unless it was from stress. Before Izzie started freaking out and attacking his sister because of catnip, I used to get those corrugated "scratchy boxes" that sit on the floor in a slanted box and put catnip on it. Just a thought--is it possible your cat sees something outside and wants to get to it, like birds, wildlife or another cat? Izzie used to stand on my windowsill and scratch at the windows until I had to move my birdfeeders to the back of the yard.