I have a cat that hates other cats... but the cat seems lonely because I'm not there all day... would this cat attack a

I tried fostering other cats, so that my primary cat might have playmates, but he kept them in corners of the room. They were so frightened that they didn't leave the corners to go to the bathroom. I kept the foster cats separate from my primary cat for a week, and exchanged garments that had the cat scent on them, so as to socialize them, but that didn't work.

Asked by Member 981718 on Apr 15th 2010 in Socialization

Answers

Some cats just will not accept other cats in their territory, and it sounds like you may have one of them. It's best just to leave him be and keep him as an only cat. It doesn't sound like he needs a playmate and is OK on his own. Give him plenty of attention and playtime from you and he should be fine, but as far as attempting to foster or adopt another cat, I wouldn't do it.

Rainey

Some cats love their people but not other cats. S/he might bond with a dog

Rainey answered on 4/15/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer