I have a 4 yr old female that had gained 10 lbs after she was spayed.I have her on purina heavy weight, is that any good

what type of diet should i feed her because i am not seeing any difference in her weight.

Asked by Member 1013188 on Mar 15th 2014 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Nicholas

It takes a long time for cats to lose weight. I would get her on a high quality weight management food-talk to someone at your local pet store or vet. Avoid grocery/big box store pet foods. They are full of fat, fillers and garbage. Portion her food and no treats or table scraps. Try and excercise her with a favorite toy for at least 15 minutes per day...longer if she will go for it. If she starts panting-stop and let her rest. Good luck!

Nicholas answered on 3/17/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I would recommend Natural Choice lite (tan bag) in chicken- it is all natural with no by products and made in Tennessee. One cat ounce is equivalent to 10 human pounds, so your cat is obese. The feeding guidelines on the side of the bag are per day, NOT FEEDING... do not overfeed or give treats at this point. Make sure she receives yearly veterinary care and if she fails to lose weight after a few months on the NC, the vet may want to switch her to prescription diet food. Follow your vet's advice and good luck...