I have a 12yrs/8mos.female ragdollnamed She-ra. She is eating and drinking, she weighs about 6lbs.

she has lost about 1 1/2 lbs. since the Summer.Has never been a big eater. I changed her food over a mos. ago from Iams to Blue Freedom for mature indoor cats. She's eating.Could it be that she needs more calories? Yesterday I noticed she has a very tiny , looks like a wart, beside her nose. What is he life expentancy of a ragdoll?

Asked by Member 1135630 on Feb 6th 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

If you use the 7 human years to one cat year formula, she would be about 84 yrs old. Weight loss in and of itself is not cause for panic. The spot on her nose isn't either. However, at her age, she needs to be seen by her vet whenever you have concerns about her. As cats age, their resistance to illness declines. They do need to be monitored by both the people they own and their docs. Cats who are well cared for, vetted and kept indoors like your's could live 20 years or more.

More Questions in This Category