I have a 10 year old indoor cat who has begun sneezing alot. Should I be concerned?

Asked by Member 876932 on Sep 15th 2009 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Remember, we aren't vets here and if you have any concerns about your cat's health, you need to ask a medical professional. I am not sure what you mean by "a lot", but if it's enough that it's come to your attention, it's a good idea to call the vet. If there is any discharge from the eyes or nose, it's probably an upper respiratory infection which can also be accompanied by wheezing. If you've used carpet deodorizer powder or have a number of plug in deodorizers around, they are at cat nose level and can also cause sneezing. It's also allergy season and cats are just as susceptible as humans to allergy attacks. But do call your vet to make sure to avoid an urgent situation.

George

I would say Izzie has the right answer on what you are looking for. I would just like to add that my cat, George, who is 14, begun sneezing a lot, too. We had him see a vet and he got medication for it, and it had helped him. He will do it every now and then, but the vet had said something about Feline Leukemia. I hope that's not the case but that is what our cat, George defiantly has due to other symptoms he has.

George answered on 9/15/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer