I have 9 cats, and can not keep them, I am very allergic to them.. can anyone help me, I live in farmingdale, NY

I can't keep these cats, very allergic, and I am having trouble breathing,,, is there anyone who can help me? they get along with kids and dogs,

Asked by Member 1148678 on Jan 7th 2013 in Adoption & Rescue

Answers

Because there is such an overwhelming population of homeless cats (and dogs) in our world today, the chances of them being taken in quickly at a shelter are pretty low. You can, however, ask them to "courtesy post" your cats on their website without having to actually take them into their facilities or use their fosters. You can also join Catster and list them as "adoptable" on their profiles. Contact local vets and ask them to post photos in their office or put them in their "adoptable" files. Ask your local rescue for their list of questions to ask potential adopters. There are very sick people out there as we know from recent events, who appear normal and trick people into letting them adopt animals. Ask at least $15 for each cat. Do not "give" them away. In the meantime, there are things you can do to keep the allergens in your home at bay. Vacuuming, having the cats bathed and groomed, and of course asking your doctor for meds. Good luck. I hope it works out for all of you.

Did it not occur to you to find out if you're allergic BEFORE you got 9 cats that you're now going to abandon? Call your local humane society or the ASPCA. If you have any local shelters or animal rescues in your area, they can help, too. You can also contact your vet to see if they have any resources. And don't get any more pets.