Cubby

I have 3 cats now I am a dedicated cat Lover they are my babies and have had them ALL my life ..

I would like to know WHY only 1 cat out of the cats that I have adopted before only 1 scratches his BACK feet on the scratcher this I have never seen a cat do before Obviously I know he is keeping them sharp but what makes him so different? and why not 1 other cat has done this? and it looks so odd and funny any thoughts?
THANK YOU!

P.S it is not my little baby Cubby it is one of my other babies! :0)

Asked by Cubby on Sep 24th 2009 Tagged scratchingbackfeet, backfeetscratching in CatsterPlus

Answers

Cats actually have scent glands in their feet and your kitty's glands in his back feet may be more active than in his front feet. He may know this somehow and be using his back feet for "marking" his territory (the scratcher). It may also just be a wierd behavior of his. As long as e is happy and healthy, I wouldn't worry about it.