I have 3 cats all adult 2 sisters females 7yrs going on 8 and a male 4yr old son to one of my other cats all 3 of them a

I have 3 cats all adult 2 sisters females 7yrs going on 8 and a male 4yr old son to one of my other cats all 3 of them are fixed and never had a problem with them. Just recently I've noticed that someone is peeing out of the box, but haven't been able to catch who's doing it or if they all are, but it's driving me nuts! They aren't jealous of eachother they're actually pretty close and very loving with one another, as well as anyone one that visits. What could be the issue here? Its been going on for a couple of weeks already. Also they are indoor only, and the male has only been out for vet visits and the female snuck out a couple times 4yrs ago hence how I got my male! Thank u for any help with comment! This is only happening right outside of the cat box.

Asked by Member 1199963 on Nov 17th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

You should have at least two boxes for four cats, period. Sometimes one of my cats will miss and not put their but down low enough when he pees. I had a blind one who used to do this too. The solution was to put doggie pee pads around the boxes on the floor. That way, if there is an accident, you can just throw away the affected pads and put down new ones. Persians are notorious for going outside of the box also, if you have one of that specific breed. ^_^