I have 2 questions. my cat last night did not seem himself no eating and no drinking and looks really said and sounds li

1st cat no interest in eating, playing drinking and he looks sad. and when he coughs a little phelm comes out.the other younger kitty was just nuetered but she sleeps a lot and does not eat much or drink it has been 7 days since surgery. can you help me? funds are low so I do not know what to do?
not able to go to vet they will not bill me for care.

Asked by Member 677987 on Oct 11th 2011 in Illness & Disease

Answers

I would call your vet they should at least tell u what to do.Try tempting your kitty it might eat a little tuna.You could also wet your finger and put it in her mouth he should get a little in.It is very serious if your cat becomes dehydrated it could die.Try that though should work.If not try baby food our cat loves baby food.Try to pet your kitty a lot too.That way it knows its loved.I hope this helped.Please email me if your kitty is better or not my email is marvds98@gmail.com .Try calling my vet her name is Marilyn she should tell you.heres her phone number : 1712-263-6089
i also see this other vet : 1712-263-2543 one of them are bound to help you.

You need to have both cats examined by a vet. If your regular vet won't work with you on payment, call another one. A cat should not be coughing up pleghm, and not eating or drinking can become dangerous quickly. For the other kitten, I believe that a full week should be time to recover from the neuter surgery enough to be eating and drinking normally. I am shocked that your vet won't at least work with you on a short post-op exam for the newly-neutered kitten. Please call another office, explain the situation, and get them seen as soon as possible.