Ke-Ke

I have 2 girl cats and 2 boy cats, why do the boy cat bother the girl cats, they are all fixed!

Asked by Ke-Ke on Mar 8th 2010 in The Catster Website

Answers

Well, if by "bother" you mean try to "get with" them, it's not all a sex thing with him. He wants to show the girls that he's the boss and unfortunately, that's how they do it. If it bothers you (and it would me if Izzie did that), I'd get one of those "canned air" things that you use to clean your computer and when he jumps on them, give him a blast of air (but not right in his face). They hate that and he'll think twice if he does it and sees you reach for the can. I saw the canned air at CVS the other day so you can get it pretty much anyplace that has office supplies.

Izzie is right! Male cats want to show their dominance and that's what they do (if humping them is what you are referring to). I had a female cat who was indoor/outdoor and the cat next door started humping my cat when his brother passed away. I guess he figured he had to "bother" somebody. It's only normal.

Umesaburo

Everyone is right. Neutered males have even been known to do the tango with other neutered males, and it's all about dominance and not sexual orientation. However, with neutered males and spayed females, there is probably often something quasi-sexual about the act. I had a brother/sister pair (both fixed) who did it once a month. If it bothers you, just ignore it, unless the male (who will bite the female's neck) is actually drawing blood. Intact females incite males to mate with them, but will howl in pain during the act, and sometimes attack the male afterwards. With my brother/sister duo, he had the urge, she didn't, and I'm sure she didn't get the pleasure from the proceedings that he did. But they were inseparable--always slept next to each other, etc. Just watch out for overtly violent behavior.

Umesaburo answered on 3/8/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer