I have 2 female cats, one is 7 and the other is 13. I found a neutered male cat and was wondering if they would get alon

What would be the best way to go about it.

Asked by Member 1159536 on Mar 20th 2013 Tagged olderfemalecatsmaleneutered in Bringing Your Pet Home

Answers

There is no easy way to tell, until you try. I would bring the male in, put him up in a bedroom and let him get comfortable in there. Let the cats sniff each other under the door. But leave him in there for at least a week. He will get comfortable in there so he can feel like it's his own place. They might hiss at each other under the door, or growl. Then crack the door so they can see each other. Expect hissing and growling at first, don't over react, it's normal. I'm thinking one cat at a time when they first come out, your two cats and just him might scare him, one would be better..maybe pick the one you feel might be less aggressive and try that one. They may just hiss and growl but walk around each other, which is totally normal, or they may attack each other, or one attack the other, also possible. Don't break them up if they fight, you WILL get hurt. If it goes badly, it may not be possible, but you won't know until you try. I'm hoping it goes well so he can have a new home :)