I found my male kitten sitting on my female kittens female area kneading it with his back paws. Is this normal?

My kittens are brother and sister and are around 5 months old. They will be neutered and spayed next week. I have never heard of this before what is this?
Thanks for reading

Asked by Member 1158772 on Mar 11th 2013 in Kittens

Answers

I hate to say it, but it sounds like they may have already done the deed & you might have kittens on the way. You should have gotten them spayed & neutered before now. You don't have to wait until they are 5 months old. I've heard of cats being spayed or neutered when they are only about 2 1/2 months old. My parents cats were barely 4 months old when we had them fixed.

West

I agree with the first poster- but want to add that you should always check with a vet about when it's safe for your kittens to get fixed (then do it as early as they say is safe). We had a kitten spayed when she was the right age, but because she was so small, it caused lots of issues. :(

West answered on 3/15/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer