I found a stray cat. Need to find her a foster or permanent home.

I found a stray cat. I have already taken her to the vet and she checked out fine. The previous owners moved and left her outside (declawed with no food or water) She's a little underweight and has a few patches of hair gone b/c of malnutrition. She's starting to eat and drink well, and she's litter trained. I live in an apartment in McKinney, TX and we already have a dog and a cat. My cat doesn't like her and I'm over the pet limit. I don't want to take her to a shelter. I need to find her a permanent home or a foster home. She's been staying in our guest bedroom for over a week now.

Please please please help me. Her name is allie and she's so sweet and affectionate. She deserves a loving home.

Asked by Member 1108167 on May 26th 2012 Tagged foster, adoption, adopt, stray, veterinarian, love, allie in Fostering a Pet

Answers

Thank you for helping this kitty!

Make her a Catster page, and mark her as "adoptable".

Check with area vets and pet stores to see if you can put a flier on their bulletin board that she's adoptable.

You might want to try an ad in the paper too. The more the word gets out about her, the better odds of finding her a good home.

Make sure to ask for references and a small adoption fee. You don't want her to end up in a lab or as dog-fighting bait... it happens.

Worst case scenario, find a no-kill shelter or rescue to take her.