Demetri

I dont know what breed my cat is and how to manage his hair?

I have a now one year old sweet but year energetic male. I have made him a page here is the address: www.catster.com
I have short hair cats so am not used to his long hair or his personality. I wouldn't give him up for the world. Although I would like to be able to read up about him. He is very smart in comparison to my other cats, he is very seems to know what im saying, he wants to go outside, he eats unedible things, he wants to play with toddlers and children and hes very jealous and protective of me. Ive have been around a lot of cats in my life and never have any other them had all these traits at once. He still acts like a kitten, a five months old kitten.

Asked by Demetri on Apr 18th 2012 in Ragdoll

Answers

It certainly sounds like Demetri rules your house. To keep his fur in tip-top shape and prevent matting, brush him as often as you can to get him used to it. Keep the sessions short. Having an energetic, smart cat can be endearing, but if he is jealous and constantly getting into things, he needs to be supervised and trained. One day he may chew up and/or eat something that could make him sick or even kill him. Letting him outside is also not a good idea. If he's not neutered, you need to have this done. It will calm him down and make him easier to train. Lots of cats can be trained to do "tricks" or behaviors such as fetching, small obstacle courses, and many other things. You can read up on cat training on the 'Net. Demetri seems to need something to do. He is STILL a kitten at 5 months and will be for quite some time. Now is the time to train him in a kind and caring manner. NEVER hit or yell at him. Read up on cat training and it could be fun for both of y

max

looks like. a little siamese if you please. I tota
lly agree with last post

max answered on 4/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer