i don't have a room to quarantine a kitten that i'm bringing home for the first days before his 1st vet app. What to do?

I'm asking cause I have other pets in my home and I really just need to know what I can do cause I don't want to leave the kitten out to maybe become ferel or maybe die. I've already got all that's needed to bring I'm into my home but don't have a room iin my house to keep him alone.

Asked by Member 1125358 on Aug 12th 2012 in Bringing Your Pet Home

Answers

It's hard to quarantine a kitten anyway since they're so active, and as most of those nasty kitten diseases are airborne or spread through sharing litter, not to mention the possibility of fleas and/or parasites you almost need to keep him separate to protect your other animals. Do you have a friend you can borrow a large dog cage from? When I rescued Izzie, he was terrified and pretty anti-social. I purchased a very large dog cage, put a box, food/water, toys and a "hide box" in there. He stayed in there for almost a month until he was neutered, vetted and more social. You can try calling some of the local shelters or rescues. When I was done with the cage, I donated it to our local animal control officer, so you could even check with your's. Good luck with your rehabbing of this baby. Join Catster and post photos. We LOVE baby pics!!