I am moving for a month to my male cat to my parents house where my first female cat lives

So some years ago while I was living w my parents I adopted Luna. Since I left my parents house she got really attached to my dad but no longer care about me, but she still loves my bedroom.
Rufino is my new 1 year old male cat. And since I will be travelling I am moving rufino with my parents (also I will be staying there some days like christmas and some more)
After new year's eve I will be returning to my home with Rufino, so I am worried how this two guys are gonna get together. I planning to keep Rufino in my room for like 2 days (for avoiding runaway). Also luna has her own garden to use as bathroom but i am getting a box for rufino.

Thankssss

Asked by Member 1191517 on Nov 26th 2013 Tagged relocatecat, newhouse in Aggression

Answers

You will have to make it work as best you can. You can also make sure they both have extra toys, treats and climbing spaces, including their own hangouts. Do not try to force any interaction between the two, and if they fight you can pour a glass of water over their heads- the surprise will separate most hissy fits. The good news is that it is only for a month and if both receive the same amount of attention they are used to, there should not be too many issues. Enjoy your holidays, and keep the cats away from any trees with pine needles or poinsettias! A nice treat for them both to enjoy would be new Greenies treats in catnip flavor- yum!! ^_^