I am looking into adopting a maine coon. will he/she be traumatized if alone during the day?

Would it be better if I adopt 2 cats?

Asked by Member 1195890 on Oct 24th 2013 in Behavior & Training

Answers

It depends on the personality of the animal. If you are rehoming an adult, I would wait and see how it goes. Kittens are very adaptable so you can get two since they sleep, play and eat (in that order). :)) If you get a male, I always recommend a spayed or neutered friend of the opposite gender to alleviate same-sex dominance issues, such as spraying in the home. On the website Petfinder.com, you can look up breeds up for adoption by availability to where you live, and all of the animals NEED a good home... so check them out first! Meow to the world... ^_^