I am having a problem with a male Bengal cat trying to mate with my two other male cats. All three cats are neutered.

The Bengal is quite persistant and agressive which results in raw bit marks on the victems necks. Any help would be appreciated.

Asked by Member 1156328 on Feb 21st 2013 Tagged rape, male, cat, mating, agression in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Joey

Without knowing any of their history any advice here may not make a difference. I would separate them. A trip to the vet is in order for the Bengal just to rule out anything medical going on. And I would keep them separated and reintroduce them slowly as if they were meeting for the first time. You need to get to the root of the Bengal's aggression - maybe try a Feliway diffuser to see if that calms everyone down. Start with the vet. Good luck.

Joey answered on 2/21/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Joey's right. I'm not an expert on Bengals, but I've heard they are quite active and one of the more aggressive breeds. The behavior your's is exhibiting is not a sexual but a dominance issue. He is showing the other males that HE is the boss. That the behavior has escalated to actual blood-letting from his behavior is an issue you must discuss with your vet. If the cats are alone and unsupervised all day, I would absolutely do as Joey recommends and separate the aggressor. Actually, YOU are the pack leader (Alpha) even though he thinks HE is. Make sure all 3 cats have their own food dishes and litter boxes. If you feed them at certain times of the day, feed him last. When he shows aggressive behavior, such as growling, etc,use a soda can with pennies taped inside and shake it at him, saying "NO!" I've had limited success with Feliway, but others swear by it. But I would absolutely contact the vet and ask for their advice before one of the other cats becomes seriously hurt.