RILEY

I am going on vacation for 12 days, and know that my little 4 year old SHORT-HAIR GREY TABBY LOVES LIVING WITH ME,as she

GOING AWAY AND NOT BEING ABLE TO LEAVE MY SHORT-HAIR GREY TABBY ALONE. NOT SURE WHAT TO DO? HELP PLEASE
I KNOW THAT SHE DOES NOT LIKE STRANGERS. RILEY WILL RUN UNDER A SMALL AREA, AS THIS IS NOT GOOD FOR HER TO STAY THERE FOR VERY LONG.
I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE SHE IS FINE WHILE I AM AWAY FOR 12 DAYS

Asked by RILEY on Apr 17th 2014 in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

You have three main choices. One is to put her in a kennel or at the vet while you are away, one is to have a cat sitter come and feed/check in on her each day, and one is to bring her to a friend's house while you are away. Since your cat dislikes new people and cats are extremely environmentally oriented, it would probably be best to leave kitty at home and find someone to take care of her. Sitters are licensed, bonded and insured, and can also bring in your paper or mail, poop the box etc. This way your cat does not have to get used to new surroundings, and the sitter can tempt her with a treat like catnip Greenies- yum! If she doesn't make much of an appearance, that's okay too... ^_^

Portia

I agree with Bezazel - and of your options, I think finding a "cat sitter" is best as I've traveled and gone away a lot and done all 3 options myself:-) Though kennels seem to offer more attention, they are unfamiliar and can stress cats. So will taking then to a new place like your friends, even if you are with them; they need time to adjust to new surroundings. Cat sitters have experience with all kinds of kitty personalities and, as the food giver, can earn a respectable trust from your kitty. You can check care.com for some or look in pet store ads. Sounds like Riley is very shy and she would prefer being home.

Portia answered on 4/29/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer