I am a photographer and work most of the days. I am stuck between getting a Ragdoll kitten and a Russian Blue kitten

I would be able to come home once or twice during the work day depending on my schedule, but other than that, I live in a decent sized apartment and love a loyal pet (grew up with dogs). I always wanted a cat though, even though I'm quite clueless. Help? I'm stuck between the two.

Asked by Member 1149696 on Jan 12th 2013 Tagged russianblue, ragdoll, apartment, work, help, breeds, kittens in Other Kittens

Answers

My own personal choice would be a Ragdoll because I've heard they, like Maine Coons, are very "dog-like". However, the animal rescue volunteer in me says,"Go to a shelter and give a homeless kitty a good home!" Shelters are ALL slammed with cats now and you might not find a pure Ragdoll or Russian Blue, but mixes aren't bad, either. Or, you might just happen upon a purebred owner-surrender. Go to www.petfinder.com and find a shelter in your area. There are also lists of available kitties from those shelters there. If you have your heart set on a purebred, you can google breeders in your area or purchase a copy of Cat Fancy magazine. Get a vet on board before you adopt and take the kitty in as soon as you can. Chat with the vet before you get a cat to see what you'll need to do to ensure a good lifelong companion. Good luck. When you decide, join Catster and post photos!