Hv Feral mama, 1 kitten left-others vanished-domestic papa.Mama needs rescuing. Kitten ok being inside. need help please

Feral mama comes in to eat/sleep w/kitten but is NOT adjusting. She hisses/growls at me but not aggressive to me or my dog. Think she's going into heat again. Cannot afford to have her spayed. Fixed income. Already have someone to adopt kitten. Don't know what to do or who to contact to come and trap mama...shd be easy w/kitten already inside. Brought Kitten in when artic front hit, mama took few days to come in but finally did. Both are gorgeous cats. Don't want to put mama out, as I think she was abused & tossed out to begin with when she became pregnant. Very young mama.

Asked by Member 1149736 on Jan 13th 2013 Tagged feral, abandoned, rescue, helptotrap in Shelters & Rescue

Best Answer

Bless you for caring about these poor little souls! You need to find a local shelter or 2 and contact them. There is a list of shelters at www.petfinder.com. You may have to agree to 'foster' the mama. They can trap, spay and re-release the mama on your property if you will allow it. Or, if you are very dedicated, you may bring her in and try to social her with the rescue's help. You can also call your local animal warden, through your police department. They have traps and will take mama away if you ask them. Or, they can loan you a trap and show you how to bait it. But I caution you not to try to remove the cats from the trap without the help of someone skilled at handling feral or stray cats. You could be VERY seriously injured if you attempted to handle her when she's confined in a trap. Good luck!

Izadore (Izzie) answered on Jan 14th.

There Are No Other Answers