How will I know it is my cat's time to leave me?

My Spookie will be 21 in December. He is my and Baby Blue's best buddy. Spookie is not well, but not in pain either.

How can I made sure that the "final decision" is not premature? How will I know for SURE that I have done enough?

Just thinking about this gets me so upset.

Asked by Member 389772 on Oct 22nd 2013 Tagged lastday in Health & Wellness

Answers

Athena

There is no easy time. I do believe we know, but we try to avoid it or push it away to keep our babies as long as possible. I lost my Mama cat in August. I believe she had liver cancer. She was only 9 years old. She was not eating and going downhill fast. I had made the decision to let her go to the bridge, but she died early that morning in my arms. All I can say is that you don't want to see this. The fear, the pain she must've been feeling. Took her over 10 minutes to die, and I never, ever want to see that again. I'd rather she'd gone peacefully, asleep and not knowing. Please, don't wait too long. Let your baby go in peace. I know it's hard, but it's the right thing to do.

Athena "Thingy" answered on 10/22/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer