Isobel

How to make a feral cat more attached to you?

I want my Isobel to be more attached to me. What should I do?

Asked by Isobel on Aug 20th 2013 Tagged feral, cat, tame in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

TNR (trap, neuter and release) is the most humane thing you could possibly do. Get her fixed so she cannot have any more litters. There are low cost vouchers available from cat rescue groups. If she is fixed, you can have her checked out by a vet and give her flea medicine. Finally, treats are a great motivator. Try Greenies in new catnip and flavor fusion twist varieties. You do not want to make her docile because then she will be vulnerable to other alley cats and possibly lose her territory. Fnally, think of letting her be an inside cat that can go outside whenever she pleases via a cat door. ^_^

First of all how old is the cat. If it's over 2-3 months forget it. Do as the other reply said. But if it's a baby you can try. Don't push. Give food and water and a litter box with clumping sand. Give him toys and and leave him to it. If he hides leave him. He'll come out when he's ready. Try not to nag at him too much. I was given a 2 month old kitten from the street. Sooo sweet. He's been here for about 2 weeks. At the moment he is sleeping on my lap next to my other cat. He's just started to trust me but a sudden move and he'll be off to hide. Good luck.
out when he's ready. I was given a a 2