Kitty (deceased)

how to get rid of stray males spraying on porch...

Its been absolutely terrible.. we have quite a few males that spray my porch.. and my kitty is an in door/out door cat.. and she wrinkles her face and gets ticked.. how can I get rid of the male's.. without making my kitty even madder with that powder stuff that you put around to ward off the other cats.. because she won't like it either...

Asked by Kitty (deceased) on Jan 29th 2010 in Behavior & Training

Best Answer

It's unusual for male cats to hang around when the female is spayed. I know that even spayed females will spray to mark their territory, so if that's what she's doing, that is probably what's attracting the males. There may be another female in your area who isn't spayed and that also could be why they're hanging around. Since your kitty is elderly, it concerns me that if one of the males is spoiling for a fight, your cat may come out worse for the wear. If you have ANY food outside for her or even birdfeeders, bring it in. Cover your garbage cans, close your garage, pick up any wood piles, tarps or anything else they can use for shelter. I can tell you the cat repellant doesn't work, inside or out. Your safest bet is to keep your cat inside because if the males have no reason to come around, they'll stay away.

Izadore (Izzie) answered on Jan 29th.

There Are No Other Answers