How to get outdoor cat to stop running from new puppy

I have a year old cat that runs off at the sight of our new puppy. She's an outdoor cat so she never has to deal with being in the same house and never has to get to like the puppy, she just runs off. Is there any way to fix this. Last when we got this cat my previous cat ran off and eventually stopped coming back and I don't want that to happen again.

Asked by Member 1187660 on Aug 29th 2013 Tagged outdoor, cat, puppy, new, cooperation in Fears & Phobias

Answers

If I was an outside cat and had to deal with a puppy chasing and slobbering all over me I wouldn't come back either. There is no reason why your cat shouldn't have the house as her territory that the puppy has to coexist in, and not the other way around. There are homes where the dogs and cats get along, but they are usually peaceful inside or they are kept separate. If you do not keep the puppy gated and teach it to respect cats, the outcome will not be pleasant for you or your former cats. ^_^