how much would surgery cost for repair of cat hip fracture

Asked by Member 635849 on May 22nd 2008 Tagged surgery in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

I have no idea (partly because I live outside the U.S.), but I would say that it absolutely needs to be done, no matter what the cost. I have two artificial hips myself (this is my Human talking), and I can assure you that healthy hips are essential for general health and well-being, if not life itself (we often hear about elderly people who die soon after hip fractures). If it's your cat, and money's an issue, maybe you can work out something like an installment pay plan with your vet, or get the local ASPCA or Humane Society to give advice on a cheap vet. If it's a stray/feral that you're taking care of, many vets will do pro bono work, or again, ask the ASPCA, the Humane Society, or a shelter for advice. A fractured hip is an absolute medical emergency!

Chibi answered on 5/23/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sherlock and Kritter

Any answer you get with an amount of money in it is only going to be an estimate. The price will vary according to region, vet, complications (if any), etc.
Your best bet is to call around your area to ask the vet hospitals.

Sherlock and Kritter answered on 5/23/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Spirit

When my shrepherd fractured his hip and had to have a pin put in it in 1995 it cost $1,000. When my cocker fractured his hip in 1996 it cost $1,000. When my lab fractured her hip in 2004 in cost $1,700. They all got hurt chasing unknown cats off the property when I lived out in the country, they slipped and fell.

I have no idea about a cat, but you could always call around and find out.

Just remember the cheapest vet is not always the best and the most expensive vet is not always the best either. Word of mouth is best.

Spirit answered on 5/24/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer