Thumbelina

How much does a cat's bathroom habits change when going from a full dry diet to half dry/half wet? I am aware that cats

Her dry food is Wellness Indoor Health and the wet is Purina Pro Plan Classic Chicken and Liver Pate.

Asked by Thumbelina on Aug 28th 2013 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Kaylee & Amelia

I feed a combination of kibble, raw and canned and my kittens get three meals per day. Their kibble is grain-free and I have noticed it is smaller because of it containing less carbs. They each poop twice a day, or sometimes three times. It is difficult to tell as there are two litter boxes.

My advice is to transition slowly only the wet food so your cat doesn't get diarrhea. I went too quickly with the wet food when I got my girls and they both has diarrhea for a few days.

Also, why not look into some of the Wellness canned foods? Many of the wellness cans are grain-free which is closer to cats natural diet of meat, bone and organ.

Kaylee & Amelia answered on 9/26/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

You need to switch foods over gradually (at least over the course of a week) little by little. You've probably already noticed icky poo with a sudden change. If it does not go back to normal soon, call your vet to see what they would recommend, or go back to the dry and start over with new wet foods a few weeks later like healthy + guaranteed, grain free Natural Choice cans in four cat-pleasing textures: chunky loaf, soft loaf, sliced and minced in a variety of flavors and life stages. ^_^