How long will it take my cat to get her appitete back after being spayed?

My ca doesnt have much of an appitete after being spayed, how long will it take her to start eating normally again?

Asked by Member 1143949 on Dec 6th 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Batfink

In my own exerience, my cats have felt a bit fragile after ops, and most will eat after a few hours of being home, keep an eye on her though, and call your vet if you are concerned or if there is any other change in behaviour.
Have a look at her gums, to make sure they are pink and healthy , is she warm, or panting or hiding? Call the vet asap if you notice anything out of the ordinary.
Try to tantalise her tastebuds with some boiled chopped meat or her favourite treat.
Hope you are both ok!

Batfink answered on 12/7/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It could take up to a few days before kitty feels like her old self and gets her appetite back. Don't panic if she doesn't eat much the first day or so. I've actually had to take a cat back to the vets after she was spayed due to not urinating or eating. She was given fluids and was fine and made a full recovery. If you aren't sure, call your vet and tell him/her what is going on. They will know what's normal and what isn't. Best of luck.