Stinky

How do you know the difference between a medium hair & a short hair?

My cats are all either short hairs or medium hairs. How do you tell the difference?

Asked by Stinky on Feb 20th 2009 Tagged domesticmediumhairs, domesticshorthairs in Domestic Medium Hair

Answers

Short hair cats hair lays closer to there body and the medium hair cats, there hair is kind of shaggy and sticks up, a long hair cat there hair is long enough that you have to brush it or it will get lots of knots in it. Hope this helps!

Philbert

Stinky looks like a domestic shorthair. I think you can tell because, like th eother poster said, thier hair is pretty uniform in length and lies closer to the body.

Medium Hair cats usually have fluffy ruffs at the neck and fluffy tails and sometimes fluffy cat pantaloons and have short hair other places, like thier legs, but this varies, and long haired cats have long hair all over their bodies and are pretty easy to recognize. The medium hair is a fuzzy area though!

Philbert answered on 2/20/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Phil's right. Medium hairs have more of a "fluff factor."

Stinky's a handsome DSH like Oscar J.

Philly is right. They call Izzie a "medium hair" although by grooming and vacuuming all his fur, I'd say he was a long hair. Izzie has a ruff and a "skirt" of longer hair around his stomach. Anyway, Stinky IS a handsome fella. Give him an ear rub from us here at "The Zoo"!

Gracie

Sometimes it's hard because medium haired cats can have a dense coat in most places which will minimize the fluff. Like Phil said, really you can tell a shorthair and medium hair apart by how long the fuzz by their butt is. Also, when you brush them the dead hair that comes loose is going to be a different length.

When I was adopted, mommy couldn't tell which I was, but now it's very clear I am a medium haired cat.

Gracie answered on 2/20/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer